Hello again, guys.
Again, I’m asking you for help with fan-translation and improving my speaking skills.
I have seen it ten thousand times already and still do not fully understand the meaning. I’m talking about expressions like the following (which I’ve taken from New X-Men volume 2 series):
- You might want to rethink that.
- You’re going to have to do better than that.
- You’re going to want to hear it.
- You’re gonna want to see this.
- You should hear this.
Am I correct to assume that “you might want to” can be replaced by “you should” or “you’d better”? Is there any difference? And as for “you’re going to want to” - could that possibly mean “you need to” or the same “you should”? And the second phrase is from NXM 34, that’s Kimura saying to Laura:
I’ve translated this as “You will have to (think of)/(devise) something more wise” and that seems to be a bit far from what is said in the original version.
So, help please, anyone?
- Bruce Wayne: Secret identities are important - it protects who you are and the ones you love.
- Tony Stark: YOLO